EmbryoTest Plus™ (ETP) is a Preimplantation Genetic Test (PGT-A) that allows determining an embryo's genetic load by simultaneously analyzing all 23 pairs of chromosomes.
The PGT-A testing improves the chances of a healthy pregnancy by identifying embryos with extra or missing chromosomes. This phenomenon is known as Aneuploidy.
ETP is ideal for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Labs and Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ARTs) with the necessity of identifying aneuploidies prior to implantation. Therefore, it increases the pregnancy success rate by transferring genetically viable embryos or Euploid (23 pairs of chromosomes).
ETP requires an embryo biopsy as an initial sample. This IVF procedure is carried out on days 3, 5-7 of blastocyst development.
Normal Human Karyotype
Diagram of 22 pairs of numbered chromosomes and the pair of sex chromosomes (23 pairs in total). The expected for a healthy embryo.
ETP Graphic Results
A graphic that indicates the number of copies for each human karyotype chromosome. Results Record of Semper Genomics.
- To select euploid embryos to avoid multiple transfers and high-risk pregnancies.
- To detect aneuploidies in embryos of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- To avoid non-viable embryos or aneuploidies transfer.
- To improve IVF success rate.
- Approved and current technology since 2014.
- A single test for all chromosomes.
- Easy interpreting results.
- Fast workflow.
- Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21)
- Patau syndrome (Trisomy 13)
- Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18)
- Klinefelter syndrome (47, XXY)
- Turner syndrome (45, XO)
- 23 pairs of chromosomes
- Embryo sex selection